I was working on mock-ups for Amir, the winner of the free cover design contest, when it occurred to me that I should go ahead and create a cover for my sequel, even before it’s finished. That way I can do the same thing that Amir is planning on doing – pin the cover over my desk and use it as the motivation to finish the draft. Also, you guys were amazing in helping me develop the cover for the first book, so I feel comfortable revealing the rough draft and asking you for comments.
So here it is, the mock up for the second installment in Isa Maxwell’s escapades:
This is very rough, with images I have not yet bought, so that’s why the resolution is bad and there are some remnants of Shutterstock watermark – that will improve once I buy and download full-size images. I would love for you to comment on:
- Title of the book. Isa continues to be…let’s say “naive” in India, hence the “Indiot”.
- The overall concept for the cover.
- Using “diamonds” for title.
- Making “N” in the title different. I will make it look like empty settings, from which diamonds have been stolen.
- Should I put “Isa Maxwell’s escapades” on the title? I kinda like the minimalistic look and that the covers are not too matchy, but everyone seems to love series covers that look like versions of the same and tell you exactly which book in the series it is…
- Anything else!
Thank you, as always 🙂