Well, actually it’s two sites – I accidentally scheduled two promos for the same day (10 October), and so I will never know which business to thank for catapulting Shizzle, Inc back to the bestseller lists. Yeah, baby, guess who’s back? Isa was back in top 100s – in Humor, Adventure, and General Humor! She’s slipping back down as I write this, but the proof is in the pudding. I mean, this screenshot:
As mentioned in the previous post, I’ve paid $25 to eReader News Today to promote a $0.99 sale on Shizzle, Inc. I have also paid $10 to Awesome Gang – you can get details of both websites on my Most Super-Duper, Exhaustive, Comprehensive, and Current Listing of Free and Paid Book Advertising Websites and Ideas. So what did I get for my $35USD investment?
- 47 copies sold in the first day – more than in the entire previous month!
- Total of 61 copies sold over the promo weekend – this equates to about $20-$21USD, depending on exchange rate. A couple of these were due to my usual efforts – people were nice enough to write and let me know. Thank you!
- Shizzle, Inc ranking going from worse than a 1,000 to #76 on an Amazon Bestseller list.
- 850 KENP pages read, which is about another $5USD. KENP pages are the payment basis for books borrowed through Kindle Unlimited – I am assuming about 0.57 cents per page.
- Hopefully more reviews! If 10% of buyers leave a review, I should get 6-7 new ones in the next couple of weeks – and in this game, reviews are priceless.
I didn’t quite make my money back, although there could be a few late sales at a regular price and more KENP pages read, I will review the results again in a week. Who am I kidding, I will be checking stats every five minutes…
I’m so inspired by this result, that I am staging an all-out assault over the Thanksgiving weekend. The plan is to have 1-2 promos every day on 26-29 November, with a goal of reaching a #1 spot. Can I do it? I think I can – look out for another race in six weeks or so!